From PSD to WordPress – A tutorial series

Last Friday, we finally got Part I of our “From PSD to WordPress” series out. From Photoshop to WordPress – Part I – Design took quite a long time in coming and I was very happy to see it finally go live. I actually started writing this Part I back in August!

So what took me so long? I would reply the usual “lack of time” but a lot of it was mostly “lack of interest”. Just a few weeks after I started writing this tutorial, there came an influx of similar articles and tutorials so it really bummed me out (for a lack of a better word). I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. Then, I came to the realization that we needed this article on The Web Squeeze. We didn’t have one and that meant our public had to go elsewhere for the help.

We have quite a few knowledgeable members in the TWS forum for WP help so this article could hopefully bring a few of the WP beginners to the forum. WordPress is by far the most popular blogging CMS. There is so many things/plugins/etc… that you can do/add that these types of tutorials, no matter how many there are, are all helpful in my opinion.

Even tho they all have a common goal, these tutorials are all done by different writers, therefore are all different. Techniques used, designs, ways to achieve the same results. The more techniques you know, the better you can create something more useful for your client.

So stay tuned for Part II – HTML/CSS coding to come sometime in the next month.

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to “From PSD to WordPress – A tutorial series”

1. Jacob Haug says:

It was a great tutorial, and I certainly enjoyed it….can’t wait for part 2!!

Jacob Haug´s last blog post..Wednesday Font Round-Up Dec. 10, 2008

[Reply]

2. Karinne says:

Yeah! Let’s hope I don’t stall on it like this one! :p

[Reply]

3. Timur says:

I really liked this post. Can I copy it to my blog?
    Thank in advance.

Sincerely, Timur Alhimenkov.

[Reply]

4. Karinne says:

@Timur – Thanks for checking out the tutorials and NO you MAY NOT copy it on your own site. You can reference it with a link to the official Web Squeeze article tho. Thank you!

[Reply]

5. great one..interesting..thanks

[Reply]

6. Yeurl says:

Hello Karinne!!
    Thx for this great tutorial, i just run my photoshop for the first time with your tutorial … and your article is so easy to understand that i make it :) … many thx to you and your job ;)

will you release soon the 2nd part ??

regards ;)

[Reply]

Karinne |

Thank you! Yeah I realize I’m really late in doing part II. The good news is I have started it. Unfortunately, I’m just extremely swamped with work lately that I don’t have time to work on it. Don’t worry tho…. eventually I will get it done! :) Thanks for your patience!

[Reply]

7. george says:

so, one part of the tutorial every year?

[Reply]

8. Cool site, love the info. I do a lot of research online on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks, :)

A definite great read.. ..

-Bill-Bartmann

[Reply]

9. Hey – I appreciate the help! This is my first time using WordPress but I’m still a touch lost – there’s just so many plugins, themes, and options! But you can totally see the power. Hopefully it doesn’t take forever for me to setup next time. Anyhow, cool blog… I’m subscribed to your RSS feed now so I’ll be checking in regularly!

[Reply]

10. Very nice work. This tutorial would be very handy for a lot of new web designers out there. Great job. Keep it going….

All the best,